Thursday, October 4, 2012

thankful thursdays

Thankful Thursdays Button

This Thursday I am thankful for...


 1) toys on the bathroom floor.  I am actually learning to appreciate such "annoyances".  When I see this toy police car it reminds me of my sweet baby boy.  I can envision his chubby little fingers securing their grip as he winds up to let it go and watch it fly across the room.  My lips can't help but curl up into a smile when I think of it.


2) pumpkin flavored everything.  Coffee.  Muffins.  Bread.  Bagels.  Cookies.  Pie.  Candles.  You name it, I love it.  And I can't seem to get enough!


3) candy corn in a candy corn dish.  Found the dish at Target for $2.50.  I had to have it.  I actually ended up putting back the band aides I was going to buy because I felt the dish was a much better addition to my quality of life than something used to stop the blood from flowing out of a wound.  Priorities, people! And I, of course, had to buy the candy corn to go with it.  But every time I walk by this dish, I not only have an uncontrollable urge to eat the candy completely gone, but the happy feeling that fills my heart just tickles my insides!  


4) my small apartment.  It's not the smallest apartment we've ever lived in, but it's still small.  But can I tell you how much I LOVE it.  It's so stinkin' adorable!  It's feels so cozy!  And not to mention, a snap to clean up!  It takes me no time at all to do a bunch of my chores, and before I know it, I'm sitting down enjoying a cup of coffee.  I think this has shown me I may not prefer a large house when we ever have the choice {in, like, 10 years...}. I love living in a space that is so easy to maintain and full of the sweetest character.  


5) the harmonious combination of my flat iron and my discovery of Herbal Essence's curl cream.  Don't think those two can work together?  I know.  The words flat and curl are usually never in the same sentence.  Unless your hair is like mine:  pin-straight.  In that case, you may say what I say, "My flat hair will not hold a curl to save its life." But that's just it!  This magical combination has changed the reputation of my hair for the good! I have had this secret burning desire to wear my hair with luscious flowing waves.  With the thanks to (the ever faithful) Pintrest, my prayers have been answered.  By adding the curl cream in my freshly showered hair at night, braiding it, and then, in the morning, wrapping my hair around the flat iron (sorta the same way you'd use a curling iron), it results in perfectly placed waves.  And not only that, the waves SURVIVE.  My hair actually HOLDS a "curl" for longer than 10 seconds!  Eureka!

1 comment:

  1. Keeping track of God's goodness in the day to day has been the single most powerful thing I've ever done. To be able to go back and look over everything He does carries us through the difficult times when we don't see Him working...but He is. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown