Monday, June 18, 2012

please remain seated until the worry-rocking-chair-ride comes to a complete stop

A random sampling of pictures of our new apartment in Rochester, NY.

Purging.
Packing.
Having a cup of coffee.
Procrastinating.
More packing.

And then?  We took a trip to go visit Northridge Church this weekend!

We had the chance to check out the apartment we'll be living in for the next year.

It shocks me how, we as the children of God, worry.  Everyday.  Over many things.

God reminds us again and again, not to.  He's got it covered.  He's in control.  He knows what's best.  He will protect you and your heart better than you ever could.  He will provide.  So relax.

Someday I may learn that lesson.

But until then, here's a few things I was worried about:

  • no storage for {alllll} my stuff
  • one bedroom only
  • no place for the kiddos to sleep {aka. no privacy}
  • no kitchen counters
  • lack of general living space
  • miserable trip to the 3rd floor in the winter with two kiddos in tow
  • loneliness (!!!!)
  • difficult transition for Annaleigh
  • no place to craft and create
Without boring you with all the details, lets just say, 

GOD TOOK CARE OF IT ALL.

I'm so thankful for the 3-1/2 hour drive to go visit the place of our future.  I'm so thankful for a husband who knows who he married, planned out the whole trip, without me asking for such an opportunity...just for the sake of easing my heart.  And I'm so thankful to my LORD who hears and answers the secret cries of my heart.

Go ahead.  Say it.  You told me so....

And I'm so glad you did.

Here's hoping I listen next time and that I quit my worrying-habit.

During our visit, we met the first kitten that hasn't run in fear from Annaleigh.
In. Her. Glory.
Visiting during an a-typical Sunday morning at Northridge Church.
Can't wait to be back!



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/19/2012

    Oh, Michelle--just love this blog--AND--we are originally from Rochester NY--can't believe this is where you are going--I've got to ask my hubby if we know this church :) My bad memory and all--maybe when we come up to visit we could come to this church.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog post so much. It made me so happy! I'm thrilled and know that next year will be amazing for you! I look forward to keeping up with you and everything that happens. I'm so happy right now after reading this!

    ReplyDelete

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown