Saturday, August 29, 2009

Eggplant-size


26 weeks - in my 6th month!

How your baby's growing:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel.

******
I have my one-hour glucose screening test coming up. Hoping I pass so I don't have to do the 3 hour test! I plan to go in for the test on Monday morning. I then have my next doctor's appointment on September 3rd. It's always good to hear that all is well even if the appointments take about 10 minutes, now. My doc suggested during my last appointment to HIGHLY consider getting the H1N1 vaccination when it comes out. She is strongly suggesting it and said that when it's available, they will have it in the office, so to come on in. There's a lot of controversy out there, but I feel that the risks of the actual virus aren't worth the fear of the vaccine. So I plan to go get it.

I'm HUNGRY ALL THE TIME! I try to be disciplined and not cram my face full of any type of sustenance within my reach. I have even woken up hungry in the middle of the night now (not for anything in particular, just with a rumbly in my tumbly). I resist the urge to go get a snack and convince myself that breakfast isn't that far away.


Kick.
Jab.
Poke.
Slam.
Tumble.
Roll.
Kick.


Are you picking up what I'm putting down?! My baby girl is OUT OF CONTROL with her moving. I have no frame of reference to compare her movement to, but all I know is she is one active little punk. (A sweetheart of punk whom I love with all my heart...but a punk just the same.) If the hunger doesn't wake me up, she sure does. Now that I think about it...maybe SHE'S the one who has a hungry tummy and is telling me NOT to wait until breakfast...hhhmmm....

....interesting.....

Anyways. I am MORE than thrilled that she's moving so much because comfort is immediately brought to my heart each time (along with mounds of love for her). HOWEVER, I feel a little violated when she decides to use me as her personal gym - complete with punching bag, aerobic room, kickboxing class, treadmill, and swimming pool to name a few.

Well, as one of the preggo websites I check daily mentioned....

....98 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown