Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just When Things Were Going Well....

PLOP!!! Here's a nice big one for ya right in your lap! Didn't see that one comin' did ya???

Arg. Please bear with me. I'm attempting to have a good and proper Biblical attitude about all this.

We took Mike's Chevy Blazer to the mechanic's today. He could sense something was wrong with the car, but wasn't sure so he decided to get it looked at. Well...something WAS wrong. Our transmission is a mess. Worn out hoses, somewhere. Transmission fluids, everywhere. All I can keep saying to myself is, "You've got to be kidding me!?" It's going to cost anywhere between $1400 - $2000! By MONDAY! (And you do know we just happen to have that sitting in our back pocket, right? Yeah........right.)

So we have a few options. Spend the money to fix it. Buy a new car. Or do something illegal with a big payoff. (None of the options we can afford.)

Mike is about to get another job (most likely, not set in stone, yet). So that would mean we would have money to set aside for next semester's seminary bill AND still be able to afford groceries. I was thrilled to be able to finally feel the financial reins loosen a little. Until....PLOP! The wonderful news about our Blazer. Joy. Rapture. Hooray.

Please pray. We need wisdom, and fast. I mean it's one thing to struggle through school. It's entirely another when the "job" you're going to school to get, is one that STILL won't get you anywhere financially.

So...this leads me to the spiritual section of the blog...

Just as we have done, we must continue to put our faith and trust in the only One Who can provide. None other than The Great Provider, Our Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ. "Lord, help me to trust and obey as I submit to Your perfect plan."

Psalm 37:25-26
I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor His seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and His seed is blessed.

Psalm 56:22
Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Psalm 84:11
For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Psalm 108:12
Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man.

Psalm 119:71
It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

Proverbs 15:16
Better is little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble therewith.

Lamentations 3:32
But though He cause grief, yet will He have compassion according to the multitude of His mercies.

Thanks for bearing with me as I strive to remind myself of all things true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown