Saturday, February 2, 2013

all i can hope for...is to one day escape with Him

It's 12 hours later than I had originally planned to blog today.  Not much else went as planned either.  Sometimes you wake up and you can feel it in the air.  A heaviness. A sense that something is going to happen...and it probably won't be good.

Well...that day was today for me.

And it was bad.
And I cried.
A lot.

And I don't think my frame of mind has changed just yet either.  I'm still in a generally yucky mood.  I need some M&Ms. And I can't seem to muster up something super profound...life changing...or fantastic.  So I'll leave that up to God.  He writes better than me anyway. So this about sums it up:
For the good that I want...I do not do...but I practice the very evil that I do not want.  But if I am doing the very thing I do not want I am no longer the one doing it but sin which dwells in me. Romans 7:19-20
Another great author...Sarah Mae wrote this in her new book I'm reading:
We live in a fallen world so things will always tend toward disorder...children will always cry and you will always sin...but God gives you grace and the Holy Spirit to make it through. When life tends towards disorder...go straight to God and ask Him for His grace to walk in the Holy Spirit.
Which reminds me of this:
For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing...but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18
And this:
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Corinthians 5:21
Meaning?  I'm going to cut myself some slack.  Probably cry a little more.  And then rest in the arms of my Savior as He reminds of the hope I have in Him...while eating chocolate...and...
...waiting for the blessed hope...the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ... Titus 2:13
Days like today get me excited to escape this sinful world...escape the endless "Murphy's Laws"...and endless housework.
...He has granted to us his precious and very great promises so that through them you may become a partaker of the divine nature...having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. 2 Peter 1:4
And be in the presence of my Father and Lord where all will be made right...and perfect.
Beloved...we are God's children now...and what will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him...because we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2
My reality is Jesus.
My future is in Jesus.
My hope is in Jesus...
...no matter how bad a day gets.

Here's hope for a better tomorrow.








P.S. Besides the hope of Jesus...this video always brings a big smile to my face.  Happy Groundhog Day!  Spring's coming early this year!



These photos were shared over at Simple As That.

16 comments:

  1. Hang in there. I feel like I have those days waaay too often. I have several friends who have told me how awesome Sarah Mae's new book is. I can't wait till I have some time to actually read it! And I love your perspective on Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement! Yes..life is hard...but God is good. And you will absolutely LOVE Sarah Mae's book!

      Delete
  2. Your pictures are very beautiful - reflecting the sky above! Sometimes we need to look vertical than horizontal, to keep the focus and to get the energy to carry on, just like you write...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/03/2013

    Love it. I so understand and I love the pics. Now following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you...I love having new friends!! Glad to have you around!!!

      Delete
  4. He truly is our all in all. So grateful for Jesus! Beautiful pictures.

    Hope your day is blessed...♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is to a better day tomorrow!! Lovely captures...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2/03/2013

    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨ simply wonderful work!
    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your "signature"! It's so sparkly and pretty! And thank you!

      Delete
  7. I just love these photos! Beautiful tones...I'd love to feature that first shot in my simple things roundup this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rebecca! THANK YOU!!! I would be so honored if you featured my photo!!! THANK YOU!!!

      Delete
  8. I'm in love with these photos! The color, the reflections...perfection. I am so glad to have found your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet words! And welcome! I love meeting new friends!! Come back soon ;)

      Delete

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown