Thursday, September 29, 2011

embrace the camera: sept. 29

This is the three of us...
on a normal weekday morning...


We are all still in our PJs.
We just finished eating freshly made banana bread topped with peanut butter.
JD has spit up all over the side of his shirt.
The living room is covered with toys.
The sink is full of dishes.
A load of laundry sits next to the washer, waiting for me to do something, anything, with it.
Ants have, yet once again, started taking over my kitchen.
The cat has, thoughtfully, left tufts of her long, thick, white hair on every carpet in every room.
I haven't showered since Tuesday.
My cup of coffee sits alone, cold and half-finished.
Our office floor is strewn and covered with my craft supplies.
My bed isn't made.
And the reason for the pouty face below is....  


..."Finding Nemo" is playing on our TV
and Annaleigh would rather be watching that than taking a picture.

And probably nothing much will be accomplished today other than
full bellies
clean diapers
and a whole lot of kissing.

All that to say:
I'm not perfect.
I'm not superwoman.
 I don't have it all together.
But...
...I'm happy.
I am blessed.
And I think my life is pretty much spectacular.




6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/29/2011

    Great post. Sometimes it's hard to be 'ok' with things NOT getting done. What a great reminder that it's ok to NOT check things off the 'to do' list, and just spend time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this. The first pic is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...peanut butter on top of banana bread...that sounds good! Great for the idea! plus, great shots. I love 'em! I think I need to steal it and try it with my 2 girls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! It was hard for me to understand that although I am home all day, it's not easy to keep a 'perfect' house when children are home, but it's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great perspective :) I love the seemingly mischievous grin on your little guys face in the first pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds perfect to me. I'm a bit of a control freak, I'm working really hard on letting go to enjoy life a little more.

    ReplyDelete

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown