Saturday, May 21, 2011

like mother like daughter


Only if you are my Mama {or me} would this picture mean anything to you.

Because this is the same exact scenario that would take place each morning when I was a kid.  Except my Mama was the one getting ready for the day, and I was the little girl sitting just outside the door reading a book (my book was mostly always about Cinderella).

As I was getting ready that morning, I glanced down and I saw this tender moment that holds a special place in my heart.  Holding my breath, I ran to find my camera.  I was hoping against all hope that Annaleigh would stay put {despite me scampering into another room --she follows me everywhere -- and despite me placing the -- oh, so tempting -- camera on the floor}.

I set the timer.  
Annaleigh stayed put.
And I quickly jumped back into place.

Just so my Mama could see this.

I love you, Mama.

2 comments:

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown