Thursday, May 19, 2011

fresh from the Word

A couple of things:

First,
I am moving my "fresh from the Word" section out of my sidebar and placing it front-and-center into a real post.  This way if you liked something you've read...it's not deleted forever into eternity {which they really weren't to begin with, seeing as I've saved most of them on my computer...woot! woot!}.  You'll simply be able to go to my word cloud (titled "where can I find...?") and click on the tag "fresh from the Word" and viola!, the collection of posts will appear.  You don't have to thank me but...your welcome.

Secondly,
Maybe you've noticed that my recent write-ups have almost shown biblical in-action rather than biblical action.  Which you may be thinking is contradictory to the Christian life.  Isn't it all about doing and living and pressing toward the mark?, you say.  Sure it is.  And I happily engage myself in such a life.

But that's my problem.

I do it too happily.  I'm too eager.  Hence, the reasoning behind reading It's a Wonderful (Imperfect) Life by Joan C. Webb.  I'm a perfectionist and it seems I have no understanding of when to slow down and when to stop.

Did you know that God actually COMMANDS rest and reflection??

And that's the purpose behind these write-ups (and future posts).  That's the purpose behind the book.  It's a purpose I desperately need to incorporate into my life.

So if you are the laid-back version of myself, then you may not {or maybe you may} glean much from what I share.

A few quotes on writing that may help you understand why I write about such in-action....


I never know what I think about something until I read what I've written on it.  -William Faulkner

Writing crystallizes thought and thought produces action.  -Paul J. Meyer

First, I do not sit down at my desk to put into verse something that is already clear in my mind. If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand.  -Robert Cecil Day-Lewis

If you are still appalled, then I'm very sorry.  There's not much I can for you.  But I do know what you can do:  see that little "x" up in the top right-hand corner?  Click on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown