Saturday, May 16, 2009

11 weeks today!

How your baby's growing:

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.


******


It's sometimes hard to believe that there is a living 1-1/2 inch being inside of me!

But then the flood of sickness, exhaustion, exhaustion, exhaustion, (did I mention exhaustion), the smell of coffee (yuck!) and other various symptoms quickly remind me that my body is being shared with my baby.

I've been told that after 12 weeks I will begin to feel better. And I hope the people responsible for that information will know they be held accountable!

No "belly" yet. I am pooching out a little, but I just look bloated (which, at the moment, is not so flattering). My pants/skirts do fit a little more snug than usual. And this has encouraged me to have my pants unbuttoned more and more. And yes, sometimes in public. Don't you judge me!

Mike is so happy. To be honest, happier than I expected. He talks to baby and kisses baby already. It feels so good in my heart when he does that! I'm not sure he realizes how important his support is through it all. I love him. I love that he loves me. And I love that he loves our baby.

I've started dreaming already. Dreaming about my baby's fingers, toes, eyes, hair, smile, laugh. etc.... I dream about God's plan for his/her life. Who will they be? What will they do? How will God use their life for His glory? I pray for the early salvation of my little one and that I will be a mother who helps God mold this beautiful life into a life that pleases Him.


"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee..."
Jeremiah 1:5a


1 comment:

  1. Okay- you're making me want another:) SO glad that things are going well and you can't drink coffee- oh you poor dear! I drank it all thru Elll and Elijahs pregnancies- I know you're not supposed to but it was just SO good! (they scared me the first time with the LONG list of things that are taboo) I did stick to some of them the 2nd and 3rd time but definitely not most!

    ReplyDelete

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown