Thursday, November 13, 2008

Growing Up

It seems like only yesterday she was born as wiggly little chunk of a baby with the curliest curly hair - my niece, Mariah. And now look at her. 6 years old. I know that babies don't stay babies forever. But during our recent trip to MA, I told Mariah I was going to change her back into one. I don't really want her to stop growing up. I just can't believe how smart and witty she is. She's not just cute-funny anymore, she actually tells jokes that make sense and I find my stomach cramping and my face hurting from all that laughing. Her conversations are interactive and interesting. She even rides her bike with no training wheels! She can write cursive and add large numbers. She can read well, work the cable box, run the dvd player, and is giving daily computer tutorials to my mother!

I do hope that one thing never changes, that one thing she never grows out of- her hugs. For some reason, I've never been able to get enough of her hugs. I love that little girl...or should I say...big girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown