Friday, June 29, 2012

when life is hard...it's actually a good thing

Life, right now, feels a lot like my first night away at camp when I was 11.

Or, the first night spent in my dorm room as a less-than-24-hour-old freshman in college.

I'm completely out of my comfort zone.
In limbo.
Not knowing what to expect.
A future unclear.
Waiting for change to come.
Feeling homesick.
Ready to cry at the drop of a hat.

There is a terribly strong desire to sit on my parents' couch, watch Shirley Temple movies, eat a bowl of chocolate ice cream, all the while snuggling with the family dog.

But growth, in any form {other than a waistline} isn't going to happen by lounging around.

The muscles have to ache.
The plant must be cut.
The forest fire must burn.
The heart must grow faint.

Resulting in:

strength
healthy fruit
new life
increased faith


"every branch that does bear fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit...
By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit..."
John 15:2, 8


Lord, 
thank you for your pruning.
Although painful, it is helpful and good.
Please help me to develop and produce with consistency, 
health, and balance so that I may glorify You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown