Monday, October 10, 2011

ninety-five...

...is Daddy's new nickname for JD.


When filling in Mike about JD's recent appointment,
he was amused to discover that our son is in the
95th percentile for his weight.
Our little man is short and fat for a 7-week-old baby.
Basically, he's a porker.

Which thrills me.
Because I've always wanted a baby with chubby cheeks.
They are perfect for eating kissing.
Add a side of love, and you have yourself a complete meal.

Now, whenever Mike walks in the door after a days work,
you can be sure you'll hear him say,
"Hey, ninety-five!  How was your day?"
Followed by a raspberry, strategically planted on one of JD's many chunky rolls...
... preferably, those edible cheeks.

***
P.S.  Do you like the hat JD is wearing?
Well, I crocheted that marvelous creation!
Want the pattern?
Click HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I adore that hat! JD is such a cutie...I love chunky baby cheeks! Love the new family photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO impressed by your hat skills!! Its SOO cute! Wish I had a little chunky baby to put it on:)

    ReplyDelete

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown