Friday, August 5, 2011

five minute friday: whole




GO.

I don't have a whole lot of time.  Not because of the timer I have sitting next to me.  But because my daughter just went down for her nap.  And I've been dreaming of a nap for the past week.  You see, I'm a whole 38 weeks preggers and this nesting thing has got a hold of me big time.  So I haven't had a whole lot of time to "rest" like they tell me to.

And I'm not patient with this whole pregnant-thing anymore.  I want to have my baby.  And it seems I've been doing a whole lot of complaining, too.  I'm pretty sure it's annoying to whole lot of people.  To hear me complain.  Again.  And again.  And....again.

But it is what it is.

Oh, and one more thing.  I want my whole body back to myself.  I'm tired of sharing it.  Please and thank you very much.

STOP.

Linked up (for my first time!) to:


What is 5 minute Friday?
Let your words and your story breathe today. Take five minutes and just write without criticizing your words, yourself or your story. Just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

  1. Write your words without editing them.
  2. Tell your readers you’re linking up here and invite them to come and share their unedited stories too.
  3. And most importantly, go visit, read, and compliment the person who shared right before you.
Easy peasy. OK, are you ready?  It's your turn now.  Show us what you've got!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/05/2011

    C'ongratulations on your first post! I am so excited to be the first to visit from Lisa Jo's! I love this little exercise (even though it's been quite a while since I have posted)! I remember those days...hoping that you will have time to finish at least one thing on your list...great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! What a great take on the prompt, and congratulations! (Today is my second attempt at the five minute thing - hope to see you there again!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hurray for joining the Five Minute crowd!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I remember those days….welcome to 5 mins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've come a whole long way, baby! :-) congrats on your first post, congrats on making it this far in your pregnancy without going crazy, and congrats on making a whole bunch of us smile, i'm sure. hang in there! and then you'll be a whole lot busier :-)
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I SOOO vividly remember those last weeks of pregnancy and wanting my body back! It's so worth it though, isn't it...but of course, much easier to feel when HOLDING baby in the arms!! Congrats on your expected boy...my second was a boy also, and they are sooo fun and sooo different!! :) Nice meeting your through Gypsy Mama. I'm a new follower, also from PA, and I grew up in New England; isn't that funny! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown