Friday, June 10, 2011

fresh from the Word

James 1:19
Know this, my beloved brother: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger...

I'm such an extreme extrovert!!  {Like there's a need for the exclamation points?}  And I have a false belief that everyone I meet wants to hear what I think. So I talk - a lot!  This is not always wise.  Clearly the Lord addressed this issue in the book of James.


I am constantly guilty of being "quick to speak".
Open mouth insert foot much?  ummm?...Yes.

Most times, I am not the best listener.

Joan Webb says, "...listening without advising may feel uncomfortable at first...[but] after a little practice, it offers loads of relief - to everyone."

I'm hoping to have some opportunities to provide a little relief to those around me in the future.  Because now I realize, that my personality can be exhausting at times!!  Who knew??

p.s.  Just because God "made" you a certain way, doesn't give you an excuse (or a "right") to express who you are 24/7, without apology.  Remember, our ultimate goal in life is to glorify God.  That means lining up to what His character stands for...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown