Sunday, April 17, 2011

ouch. that's so harsh.

Seminary.

Where do I begin?

Amy Carmichael wanted desperately to relay truth to the readers of her letters, but never did she want people to think she viewed God as "harsh".

Wow.

Do I do that?

I can say with confidence that I do not.

I believe I wanted people to deeply understand that us following God's will to PA has required great sacrifice.  More times than not.  I wanted them to realize that this choice has not been the easiest for us.  And therefore, it would evoke their prayers, support and (dare I say?) their sympathy.  How selfish.  How pious.  How arrogant.  All of which are the antithesis of glorifying God and pointing people toward the Source of our joy.

Ouch.

I want to be like Amy Carmichael.  Not because of the great example she lived as a woman of God.  But because of Who she served.  The same God that won her sacrifice, is the same God that won ours.  And He deserves to be viewed in a positive light.  All the while, allowing truth to prevail.

So.  Seminary.

Where do I begin?

He has always provided us with money, right on time, whenever it has been needed.   We have never gone hungry.  Sometimes, our "wants" have even been fulfilled.  He chooses to bless me by teaching me and growing me into the image of His Son.  My fears are relieved whenever I immerse myself in His Word.  My loneliness banished as He supplies great friendships, which are formed and strengthened each day.  I am never forgotten by my wonderful church family, complete with diaper coupons stuffed in our church mailbox.  It's amazing to witness the fulfillment of my husband as he continues to learn and live in the midst of God's calling (which in turn, forces the impending bitterness out).  It's exciting to see our dreams (God's dreams) for our lives unfold.  And I enjoy watching and waiting to witness the next great thing that God is going to do.

Our God is anything but harsh.  He has always been good to us.  He has always shown how much He loves us.  Despite the [many] difficulties we have already endured.  I have faith that He will get us through.  For, He has always been one step ahead.

One more year of classes and One year of internship to go....
...is it over yet? 

Now may the God of peace, who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus - the great Shepherd of the sheep - with the blood of the everlasting covenant, equip you with all that is good to do His will, working in us what is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ.  Glory belongs to Him forever and ever.  Amen.
Hebrews 12:20-21

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! You spoke to my heart and I thank you for your transparency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/18/2011

    I don't "stuff". I carefully place them in your box because the health and well being of AnnaLeigh's bottom is important to me :-) On a serious note...have you noticed how God is layering His message to you in your life? It's so awesome when you stop and listen, you can hear the same message repeated like a heartbeat reaffirming that you are in His will and in His hand. Sometimes it's in music or in a sermon or in the blog post of a sister in Christ. He is so good!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda...you're HILARIOUS!!! Thank you for caring about my baby's bottom! LOL!!! (and us!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4/24/2011

    Thanks for this post! Thanks for being real! May God bless you guys as you keep on preparing for the next great thing He has for you! The little I got to know you when we were furloughing was a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown