Friday, March 4, 2011

knitting a soul to another

Jessica
As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.  (1 Samuel 18:1)


This post is about a few ladies of whom I have met while walking this seminary road with my husband.  I'm sure this will end up embarrassing them.   But I'm OK with that.


Charis
You see, when I'm around them, I can't get over how much I love my life.  I leave them feeling positively contented.  I am satisfied with who I am.  They show me how to love myself.  They cause me to want to know Christ...deeply.  They strengthen my inner-being.  The show me how important it is to be purposeful in my Christian-walk.

The funny thing is, I'm confident that they are completely ignorant that their presence in my life has even had such a dynamic impact on me.  They haven't a clue what I think about them.

JB
I see nothing but joy in their lives (even when life is at its hardest for them).  As I watch them, they have victory in overcoming feelings of discouragement, doubt, anger, disillusionment, bitterness, judgement, etc... through the power of Christ and His Word.  It doesn't mean those feelings never arise within their being, they just do not let themselves stew in self-pity.  They have an inner strength that comes from an eternal source.




Sonya
After spending time with them (even if it's only for a few moments), I walk away as a better person.  They endlessly give of their time and love - sacrificing selfish desires.  A prayer or encouraging word always lingers on their lips.  They inspire, challenge and sharpen me.

Perfect, they are not.  Love their God, they do, will all their heart.

Annie
I know our lives will ultimately go in different directions, but they will always be special to me.  They  have changed my life for the good.  And their touch on my life has been made permanent....and I love them as much as my own soul.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/05/2011

    Awe Michelle I miss you!!! I feel like a terrible friend since you left us to start your new job as full time mommy. But you are an awesome one and your family is extremely blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown