Monday, February 21, 2011

fevers, hives and smiles: that's what sick little girls are made of...

Poor thing.

On Thursday (after a long, grueling, and emotionally charged night in the ER), Annaleigh was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection.

And as of last night, she is having an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin she was given to treat her UTI.

My days have been spent trying to get her to eat, only to have it come back up.  Controlling fevers.  Forcing tylenol, motrin, and meds down her resistant throat.  Dealing with rude nurses.  Her crying, drinking apple juice and watching Sesame Street for hours on end.  Me crying.  Hives appearing on her delicate skin.  And waking up every hour in the night due to feeling completely miserable.

I'm tired.  I'm exhausted.  And so is she.

All I want is my healthy little girl back.

But every once in a while, you can see a sweet little smile poke through the sadness in her face.

I wonder if it's her way of telling me, everything's going to be OK, Mama, you'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown