Monday, December 13, 2010

i have a cold today

After drinking Airborne (the last sip is always the worst), taking a shower, and drinking some tea, I'm beginning to feel more un-sick.  In spite of the pending dizziness in my head.

Do you want to know the one thing I feared most about becoming a mother?

Getting sick.

I suffered from some pretty nasty preggo-allergies (the fancy name for it is: pregnancy rhinitis) in the beginning of my pregnancy with Annaleigh.  I remember loving the idea of being able to go home after work and crash.  To take some medicine and sleep until morning.  I loved the idea of being a baby.

But now.
I have a baby.

Which means:  when I get sick...I don't get to be sick.  I get to be a Mommy with a cold.

And that's what I feared the most.
And as most fears are irrational and will never see the light of reality...mine slipped passed security and made it's debut.

So, as you breathe fresh air through your un-stuffed nose, try and think of me.

If you're not a mommy yet, the next time you're sick, please sleep until morning, in my honor.  I'd like to live vicariously.  

And if you are a mommy, the next time you're sick, we'll toast with a glass of Airborne together.  Because it looks so pretty as it bubbles in a long-stemmed glass.  And the first sip tastes like Polar Orange Dry.

Bottoms up.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I like how our blogs were similar today. :)

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Go figure!!?? too cute, we are! Feel better, Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon, Michelle! Got your Christmas card today and LOVEd it!

    ReplyDelete

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown