Thursday, November 4, 2010

who's that big girl?

Annaleigh is 11 months old this week.
My mind cannot contain the enormity of that reality.
Another reality is Annaleigh's current enjoyment of 'big people' food.
Every meal that is eaten, I offer --a mushed up form-- to her.
I like to see what happens.  
And most of the time, it's received well 
(with the exception of mashed potatoes...those are rejected the second they hit the palette).
A cautious look is thrown in my direction, at first.  A touch.  A taste.  And then a smile.
But when I think about it, I'm not so sure what she actually enjoys more: 
playing with it or eating it.
I guess I'll let you be the judge....

Eatin' Hot Dogs & Mac n Cheese



Eatin' Chili



3 comments:

  1. Awww! She's getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable!! its so fun to watch the expressions the first time they try a new taste, isn't it? I gave Gabriel a go at grapefruit the other morning- the expression was priceless :)

    Can't believe our babies are almost 1... its going soooo fast, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, Kara, right?? SO big!

    And Jenna, it's TOO TOO TOO fast. :( They all said it would be...and it is! I blinked and now I'm planning a 1st Bday party. (!!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown