Tuesday, October 12, 2010

hooo goes there?

Recently, I co-hosted a baby shower for a friend in our Adult Bible Fellowship.  Our ABF is more specifically known as the "Legacy" class.  A bunch of "newly-marrieds," we are.  Well, at least a few of us, anyway.  Which Mike and I are not.  Newly-married, that is.  


I was given the privilege of making the owl banner, owl cookies, a paper owl (to sit upon the gorgeous diaper cake--which I didn't make but wished I did-- that was topped with freshly-picked hydrangeas from the house-front flower-garden...absolutely. divine.), and an owl cupcake stand.  Can you guess the theme of the baby shower?
Are you curious about how I made this banner?
Click here for the template I used.

It was a lot of fun.  Planning, creating, and seeing it all come together.  Simply marvelous!  I absolutely enjoy being creative almost as much as I enjoy breathing.  And basically you need to breath to live, therefore I live to create.  No, not really.  But you get the idea.
Want the recipe for these adorable owl sugar cookies?
Click here.

But you want to know what the best part was?  In spite of the late nights, hard work and crazy schedule?  Seeing the face of our guest of honor.  Knowing we warmed her heart.  Showing her our love.  And expressing to her just how special we think she is.  

Let love be without dissimulation.  Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honor preferring one another; Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.  Rejoice with them that do rejoice.  
Romans 12:9a-10; 13; 15a 

Update 10/13/10:  I forgot!  I was also responsible for the invitations.  They turned out to be pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself.  I used Stampin Up! Crystal Effects on the owl's eyes to make them look 3-D!  How much fun is that?!
(Names and information have been blotted out.  Obviously.)

1 comment:

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown