Thursday, June 24, 2010

give me some sugar

There are a lot of people I admire. Well, maybe admire is not the word. There are a lot of people I wish I could be. Stacey London. The Kardashian sisters. Katie Holmes. Meredith Andrews. Victoria Beckman. To name a few.

Don't be confused. I really do love my life. But in my day-dreams I wonder what it's like to be them. To wake up each morning and be...beautiful.

Oh, I don't doubt each has their day. Hour. Moment. Don't we all?

But one lady seems to have gotten it right. Inside and out.

Carmindy.

Even her name is fabulous.

On a particular, normal, not-so-out of the ordinary day, I was surprised, by my hubby, with one of her books.

Love love love it.
And her.
Did I mention she's fabulous?
I believe looking good starts with feeling good, she writes. Before we consider what to put on our faces, we must confront what's going on inside our heads! For a lot of us, it's a blurry mess of negativity...
Wow.
And that's just the first few sentences, my friend. It gets better.
How we think affects how we look. Period.
And there's more. But I'll spare quoting all 200-something pages to you.
Except this one page. Page 66, she suggests mixing sugar a couple times a week with your daily face wash. The sugar acts as an exfoiliant.
The result? Skin as smooth as my baby's bum.
huh. who knew? And who doesn't like sugar? Or my baby's bum?
So I decide to try this sweet little concoction of hers.
Can I just say? h.e.a.v.e.n.
I sure am a long way from talking sweet to myself in the mirror, but each time I pile on those little white crystals and scrub-a-dub-dub, it tickles my heart. And my cheeks. And for that small moment, I feel beautiful. No joke.
Carmindy also has a section that explains that you should kick away corrosive comparisons.
Compare and Despair, she states.
ummm. Does that include you, Carmindy? Because I'm pretty sure I want to be you.
I think I'll just stick to the sugar.
Because sugar is good.
Really good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown