Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Search is Over!


When I bite into a chocolate chip cookie that is still soft and chewy days after it was created, I marvel at the phenomenon. I begin to wonder "what makes this cookie recipe different than mine? And why can't I be lucky enough to produce such a delightful confection?"

Why must I only be able to enjoy soft cookies moments after they leave the oven?! Why can't that blissful moment linger?!

I have searched, tried, tested, baked and failed numerous times at my attempt to discover the PERFECT soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have dreamed of the day I can reach into the cookie jar 3 days later and experience a soft bite of heaven in my mouth instead of a chocolate chip cookie 'rock'.

I have searched.
This weekend, I have found.

Here it is ladies and gents...the PERFECT soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe. They melt in your mouth the day of and even 3 days later!! They are deliciously soft and yummy!! My 'rock' cookies have seen their FINAL DAY!!


Thick, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
by Sunset
Yield: Makes about 28 cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, at room temp.
1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Directions:
  1. In a bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
  2. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir or beat into butter mixture until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, if using.
  3. Drop dough in 2-Tbl (1/8 cup) portions, 2 inches apart, onto buttered baking sheets
  4. Bake in a 400 degree oven until cookies are lightly browned and not longer wet in the center, 6 to 8 minutes.
  5. With wide spatula, transfer cookies to racks to cool.

  6. Enjoy! (Now or later. It doesn't matter, because they will still be chewy later!)






1 comment:

  1. I am SO going to try this recipe- I hate rock hard cookies and thats all I seem to be able to make as well. Although Denver is NOT the best city to bake in!

    ReplyDelete

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown