Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Birthday Surprise!


Mike had wanted to plan a big trip before our little sweet pea arrived, but he wanted to surprise me!

**
He told me to take June 24th-25th off from work. (June 25th is my b-day.) And that's all the information he told me.
**
The night before we left, he gave me two pieces of information. #1 - we were going to NYC! #2 - we were going to go see a Broadway Show! (an item on my list of "things to do before I die".)

**
As we were getting close to NYC, Mike said we were going to make a short stop. And by the pictures you can see it's a bakery. But not just ANY ordinary old bakery. It's Carlos' Bake Shop. If any of you are TLC fans, you will recognize this RIGHT away. If not, let me clue you in. This is the bakery where TLC's Cake Boss is filmed! One of my most recent favorite shows! I was beyond excited! We ended up buying 2 red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting...it was to DIE for...I'm serious. (In case you were wondering...yes, there were movie cameras with two of the TLC crew there in the back of the shop...AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!)

**
After our stop, we finally got to our hotel (45 min. longer than expected because of one wrong turn and a billion one-way roads coupled with construction). And it was beautiful! It was great to feel rich when our reality is the exact opposite.

**
Once settled, I got PRESENTS!! (As if the trip wasn't enough! I have a great husband.) The last present was a Cardinal's T-shirt. That's when Mike revealed the last part of the surprises: the next day we would go to a Mets vs. Cardinals game at the new Citi Field! AND our good friends Shawn and Renelle will be meeting us there to watch the game with us. SO FUN!

**
This is us all dressed and ready to go to eat dinner and then off to the show!

**

We went to see Mamma Mia! on Broadway.

**
We then ended the wonderful trip with a baseball game at Citi Field with our friends.

**
It was a wonderful surprise trip that I am very grateful for. I have an amazing husband to love me and make me smile, starting in my heart and then working it's way out. The smile is still lingering...even now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love is to the heart what the summer is to the farmer's year - it brings to harvest all the loveliest flowers of the soul. -Unknown